The Antonov 2 is the worlds largest single engine bi plane currently in service. Carrying up to 12 passengers per flight.
First produced in 1946, it's remarkable durability, high lifting power, and ability to take off and land from poor runways have given it a long service life. The An-2 was produced up to 2001 and remains in service with military and civilian operators around the world.
- Crew: 2.
- Capacity: 12 passengers.
- Length: 12.4 m (40 ft 8 in)
- Wingspan: Upper wing: 18.2 m (59 ft 8 in) Lower wing: 14.2 m (46 ft 7 in)
- Height: 4.1 m (13 ft)
- Wing area: 71.52 m² (769.8 ft²)
- Empty weight: 3,300 kg (7,300 lb)
- Useful load: 2,140 kg (4,700 lb)